My Point of Heu
Hi everyone! Gosh June will be here in a few days and boy has the year gone by quickly. It seems that most everything is back in full swing and folks are traveling, gathering and celebrating again.
Here are some updates that are a bit overdue:
1. Daniel and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary last week. Coincidentally that same date is believed to be Roxy's birthday. She is a rescue so we don't actually know but hey I love it, and I will have a Roxy update next.
To commemorate the night we went out for dinner and had a lovely time. We tried Moani at International Market Place... it has Mai Tai's vibes but with fine dining prices. My only critique was that my U-10 scallop entree was definitely not made with U-10 sized scallops. But overall the food was really tasty, generous in portion size and had a great combination of flavors. The service was attentive and friendly, although I noted that it was our anniversary on the reservation nothing was said. The live music is a plus and really adds great ambience. We left to grab dessert at Stripsteak which has phenomenal desserts btw and we just hopped on the bar and had our sweet ending there.
2. Roxy's health and leg surgery update -- I am happy to report that just over 4 weeks ago Roxy did finally have her leg/knee surgery. The board certified orthopedic surgeon on the island couldn't take us until early May; we were able to score a traveling surgeon who does this type of surgery as his specialty at the VERC hospital and boy was that a relief. At the end of April she had what's called TPLO bilateral surgery. If you wanna know more just Google it. Essentially she has these plastic and screw implants put in both legs and spent 2 nights in the ICU. She made a full recovery at home and is doing very well. It is amazing how fast these dogs heal from bionic surgery. Her x-ray to check how everything is on the inside is 6/20, so I will have a complete update then. For now she is walking and only allowed to be on leash and no running.
3. Miss Hawaii 2022 was amazing! I had the opportunity to help mentor the candidates this year and also co-emcee'd the preliminary night of competition which was a lot of fun. Coincidentally the Miss Nevada my year at Miss America was a judge so we were able to hug and see each other twice. I thoroughly enjoyed helping the girls this year and it was truly rewarding to be back and assisting. The same team is there too and it is nice to see them along with some new blood. The program itself is in a state of flux and while Miss America continues to transition (no more swimsuit phase, no evening gown last year, and new social impact speech and etc) I still believe in the benefits of the program and the scholarships. I am a product of this organization and I am forever grateful.
4. I am still moderating Insights on PBS about once a month, this month of May I wasn't scheduled but you might see me live at the end of June. This is the right amount of live TV for me. I don't really miss it and I am grateful for this opportunity. As for Doko Ga TV we may go back to Japan next spring, but it is all in the air and nothing is confirmed at this time.
5. Da Best Hawaii was sold out for the month of May and June as well. I am now filming episodes for July and it has been wonderful. I am still not on camera for this as I like shooting it news style with the featured guests as the only people on camera. I will reevaluate if I wanna be on camera again maybe for August.